Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sanitation=CREEPY

We have to take a course on sanitation in order to get our ARA certificate (thats American Restaurant Association, not Rifle) and I can not begin to tell you how disturbing it all is. Seriously, I don't think I can wash my hands enough. I will spare are the scary details but please, please wash your hands with hot soapy water. I am soooo skeeved out by this all.

On a lighter note, we made Pate Brisee, which is the French version of Pie dough. I know we are suppose to be learning technique, but it was very evil how the Chef instructor made us make the dough by hand. Not fun, when the kitchenaid is sitting right in front of you taunting you to use your arm muscles. Lets just say sablage and fraisage the hell out of the dough (french terms for chopping and schmearing butter).

After that we made Gingersnap dough and Tarte Aux Bananes et Creme aka Banana Cream Tart. I haven't tried it yet, but it is in the freezer patiently waiting to be consumed. Had to work today too. Sucked. I really dont like my job, but at least I get to bring home food. I haven't spend money on food in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment