Monday, October 5, 2009

School shopping

Gotta love the fact that school shopping includes buying fun new kitchen supplies. Went to Sur La Table after class today and got some new tools for my chef kit. Got a electric scale, digital thermometer, vegetable peeler, tongs, bench scraper/ruler, kitchen timer. Thanks Aunt Hae-Hwa and Uncle Chuck for the grad check! It was definitely put to good use.



Made more tarts today, which makes sense because we are in the tart section of class. Its funny because before school, the one thing that I always had a hard time with was tarts. Now I feel like I am a tart master. On today's menu, Tarte Alsacienne which is a baked apple custard tart. We flambed the apples. Very exciting. My poor friend Nikki didn't agree with me though. She sort of burned off her eye brow/lashes and some of her hair along with the flambe :( Then we made a Baked apricot almond flour tart.

Tarte Alsacienne

Baked Apricot Tart


Banana Creme Tart from last week...

No comments:

Post a Comment