Friday, September 18, 2009

The City...thus far

As of mid-August I have become a transplant New Yorker. We arrived to the city on an incredibly hot and humid Sunday morning and started unpacking the U-haul. Just as we thought that we could move no more, a kind man on a bike stopped to offer his help. The man was a total bad ass, to say the least. He carried the last of our heavy furniture up the stairs ON HIS OWN! The man carried a queen sized bed up two flights of stairs. Rock star!

Shortly after arriving in New York City, I had learned that I had not been approved for my student loan. I immediately hit the streets looking for a job. After 3 weeks, over 60 applications and several interviews I finally landed a job working 32 hours a week. We’ll see how working full time and going to school full time goes. Hopefully I don’t die.

Left on Thurs to go visit the manfriend in Montana, came back on Monday and had to work Tuesday. Its been a whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment